This residence of English monumental style, is one of the rare in the area, has belonged to Leon Dion, during more than 40 years. This one acquired it of a Mr. Deslauriers in the 1900 when he was only 18 years old; he camed from "La Côte Cachée" where his father Joseph Dion, married to Marguerite Filion cultivated the ground. Two years later, he married a young teacher of St-Canut, Marie-Anne Pilon, with whom he had 18 children. It is thus on this vast farm that all these kids live at ease. The father drew his subsistence of the ground which extended from the river of the Thousand-Islands to "La Côte Cachée". The barn on the other side of the road was demolished, but still remains an old stone hangar dating from the same time in the back of the house.
On her side, Mrs. Dion wove herself clothing for the family, made her bread in the old baker's oven, her milk and her butter in the dairy partly disappeared today. The large gallery which decorated the frontage of the house was replaced by a staircase which leads on the second floor. With death of his wife in 1946, Mr. Leon Dion sold the house to Rosaire Cloutier of Ste-Rose and died on May 14, 1966. The house passed thereafter to the hands of Armand Lacourse whom he occupied during 20 years before selling it at the autumn of 1982, at Bernard Allaire and Danielle Boivin, landscape designers.
According to the last occupants, the house would have been built in 1816 and would go up at kings time. Inside, the wood floors and the hearths were preserved.